The Consortium of Academic Programs in Clinical Research (CoAPCR) facilitates the development of high-quality educational programs encompassing all areas of clinical research that are based in academic credit-granting institutions.
- To provide a medium for communication among educators of clinical research professionals.
- To encourage and support the development and maintenance of academically based clinical research educational programs to meet the needs of the clinical research community.
- To foster inter-institutional articulation among educational institutions, clinical institutions, professional associations, and industry.
- To initiate and/or support research and studies relating to the educational, manpower and service needs of clinical research professionals.
Core Competencies and Accreditation:
A major aim of CoAPCR is to explore accreditation for academic clinical research educational programs. Discussions on this topic have taken place at several national meetings including ACRP, APCR, IACRN and DIA Annual meetings. More specifically, CoAPCR has dedicated a systematic approach to identifying the knowledge, skills and attitudes (KSAs), in the form of competencies that are necessary for clinical researchers to achieve successful professional outcomes.
CoAPCR Core Competency Domains
- Scientific Concepts and Principles of Research Design
- Medical Product Development
- Ethical Considerations and Responsible Conduct of Clinical Research
- Clinical Study Operations and Regulatory Compliance
- Study and Site Management
- Data Management and Informatics
- Communication of Scientific Data
- Professionalism, Teamwork and Leadership